GRAMMAR: Wish / Regret
Wish = something you desire but is unlikely to happen. Used with could / would
I wish I could meet Jose. I wish you would stop complaining.
Regret = past action you wish had not happened. Used with the continuous tense
I regret shouting at you. He regrets not studying for the exam.
EXPRESSIONS – PHRASAL VERBS WITH UP
- Give up = to stop trying. Even when it was very hard we didn’t give up.
- Make up = to find peace. We had an argument but soon made up.
- Bring up = to introduce a topic. She brought up the technical issues.
- Set up = to arrange. She set up a meeting with John.
- Show up = to arrive. She showed up at 6.15 and left at 6.30.
Now take the TEST
and submit to receive your results certificate